Well, apart from this horrible pun, I am actually surprised to say that Garen counters Darius quite a bit.
Not too long ago, I never picked Garen into Darius because he is not so mobile and his passive gets countered hard by Darius.
But I recently played him then and I just won every single trade. So what you can do as Garen:
- MAX Q, YES I SAID IT.
- If Darius randomly AAs to disable your passive, Q him and spin a bit but move away from him while doing that and activate w if necessary, you do quite some damage and he can just get one AA more on you because of silence.
- Garen does perform ok in short fights and that is what you want against Darius.
- Take grasp of the undying (really helpful)
- Don't let him get 5 stacks (obvious)
- I really recommend ignite, Garen has no range nor DoT, really, really helpful. (also counters Darius' Q a bit)
- Lategame is yours. Walk up to the marked target or a carry Q,E,R-Dead
- I like boots of swiftness on Garen since he lacks a real gap-closer.
Actually Garen has the upper 'hand' (get it)
xZylote - Posted about Jan 29th, 2016
0 Comments Report